Oliver Jovanovic, Ph.D.
Instruction and Research
Dr. Jovanovic founded the Introduction to Computational Biology
and Introduction to Computational & Quantitative Biology
courses taught in the Department of Microbiology & Immunology. He splits his time between acting as instructional faculty and directing two software companies he co-founded, one producing commercial products, the other tools and databases for computational biology. He currently serves as the department's Director of Bioinformatics & Information Technology.
- de Felipe, K.S., Pampou, S., Jovanovic, O.S., Pericone, C.D., Ye, S.F., Kalachikov, S. and Shuman, H.A. (2005) Evidence for acquisition of Legionella type IV secretion substrates via interdomain horizontal gene transfer. J. Bacteriol. 187: 7716-7726.
- Jovanovic, O.S. and Figurski, D.H. (1997) A potential new gene (tccA) on IncP plasmid RK2 and transposon Tn1721: relationship of its product to the TrwC relaxase/helicase of IncW plasmid R388. Plasmid 38: 220-223.
- Jovanovic, O.S., Ayres, E.K. and Figurski, D.H. (1994) Host-inhibitory functions encoded by promiscuous plasmids. Transient arrest of Escherichia coli segregants that fail to inherit plasmid RK2. J. Mol. Biol. 237: 52-64.
- Thomson, V.J., Jovanovic, O.S., Pohlman, R. F., Chang, C.H. and Figurski, D.H. (1993) Structure, function, and regulation of the kilB locus of promiscuous plasmid RK2. J. Bacteriol. 175: 2423-2435.
- Jovanovic, O.S., Ayres, E.K. and Figurski, D.H. (1992) The replication initiator operon of promiscuous plasmid RK2 encodes a gene that complements an Escherichia coli mutant defective in single-stranded DNA-binding protein. J. Bacteriol. 174: 4842-4846.
Instructor Oliver JovanovicPhone: